Sunday, October 23, 2011

Babymoon

The first half of October, was reserved for "Alan and Amanda time." The first weekend we took a long weekend and went to Branson for our BABYMOON. For those of you who don't know about a babymoon, it's a trip, sort of like a honeymoon, before the baby comes. We were also celebrating Alan's birthday! Alan hadn't been to Branson since childhood, I hadn't been in a long time, and we had never been to Branson together before. We drove up on Friday, and shopped some on Friday and then went to Dixie Stampede that evening.

At Dixie Stampede:






Saturday morning, we did more shopping and then ate lunch. We went back to our room and watched the Razorbacks win (in between napping)!

A little purchase for BB:



Saturday afternoon we went to the Hollywood wax museum and the mirror maze.

Alan and "Willie"



Lost in the mirror maze:







After dinner, we went and shopped more at the Branson Landing and watched the fountain show.







And last but not least, that evening we had a friendly putt-putt golf match.



Alan may have won, but I did have more hole-in-ones than him.



We had fun in Branson. Mostly being lazy and shopping, but I think we are good for a while. Don't think we will visit any time soon. There were lots and lots and lots of old people, and I feel like we did just about everything we wanted to do. But, I definitely can't wait to take BB to Silver Dollar City, and Alan and I would both like to try the zip line.

The next weekend, we met Jared, Melissa, Lane, and Baby Bella at Timberfest. Afterwards, we went to see their beautiful new home.

Alan and Lane working on his sno-cone.



The next day, we went to the Razorback game. This was my last game for the season. :( The other two Fayetteville games are around my due date, so we have passed on those. We met some good friends for lunch and then watched the Hogs beat Auburn 38-14.



It was fun to spend so much time together, but after being on the road so much, I was thankful for the next 2 weekends of prepping for the nursery and being lazy at my house. More to come…

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: